Inventor 2019
Wow, another new program to figure out. I need another HDD in my laptop, this has left me with less than a gig of space!!
When I started playing in Inventor it couldn't get it to draw a simple sketch of a rectangle with a semi-circle on the end. I was working on the XY plane and the curve kept going the wrong way. I tried it on the XZ plane and it worked. Now I can't replicate the original, frustrating actions that Inventor was insisting on doing.
So I can now create a 2D cross-section sketch, set dimensions on it, extrude it into a 3D shape, draw new sketches on faces, extrude those new sketches or create cuts through the solid and drill holes by setting a point and then creating a hole.

Next steps - find out how to move out of Inventor into a form the milling machine can understand and then look at what needs to be done in Inventor to create sufficient into for the mill to cut shapes out of sheets of MDF.

UPDATE - I found that it all depends on which way you move the mouse when you start to draw your curve. The curve, or semi-circle in this case, starts going in the direction that you start moving the mouse. So if you go down Inventor will draw the bottom half of a circle, if you go to the right it will draw the right hand half, etc. Cool - I understand now. That makes me happy. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog